• Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
• Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
• University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Bachelor of Arts in Biology with a pre-med emphasis
• University of Wisconsin Marathon County, Wausau, Wisconsin. Associates of Arts and Sciences
• SSM DePaul Health Center, St. Louis Missouri. Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rearfoot and Ankle credential (PMSR/RRA)
Certification and Licensure:
• Board Certified in Podiatric Medicine
• Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Medicine
• Drug Enforcement Agency Licensure
• Colorado Podiatric Medical License
• Basic Life Support Certified
Dr. Sarah Thompson was born and raised in Central Wisconsin. After graduating High School, she studied biology with a pre-med emphasis at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee where she received her bachelor’s degree.
Dr. Thompson studied at Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and surgery where she received her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2012. While there she was an active member in many organizations at the University. Upon completion of medical school Dr. Thompson went to St. Louis Missouri where she completed a 3-year podiatric medicine and surgical residency with rearfoot and ankle credential at SSM DePaul Health Center. While in residency Dr. Thompson received extensive training in elective, non-elective forefoot and rearfoot surgery, diabetic foot care, trauma and participated in a month-long surgical rotation in Germany.
Outside of work Dr. Thompson enjoys traveling locally and abroad. Dr. Thompson also enjoys live music, and anything to do with the outdoors, camping, hiking and fishing. Dr. Thompson also enjoys spending time with her family and friends. “I’ve always been a midwestern girl, if you can’t tell by my accent. Throughout my journey I lived in Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri and Indiana. I’m very excited to leave the Midwest and its weather behind and start my adventure in Pueblo, Colorado. I’m thrilled to be a part of Pueblo Ankle and Foot Care and to serve the community the best I can.”